Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

science

Akos Balasko: Perceptual Children (excerpt)

Akos Balasko: Perceptual Children (excerpt)

Read – 2023. September 12

16.74% of the poems in the volume were written by AI. This may be shocking at first, but does this mean that the remaining 83.26% was written by Akos Balascu? Man-machine cooperation is one evidence of our post-human daily lives, but hasn’t creation always been a hybrid division of labor between humans and non-humans? – writes Z. Márió Nemes in the new volume of poems by Ákos Balaskó, from which you can also read some poems here.

This volume is a very interesting interaction between science and poetry. The digital world has been brought closer even by those who are perhaps most averse to it, thus freeing up cross-talk that facilitates true integration both outside of science (science and poetry) and within it (computer science and biology). By analyzing form and subject matter, he not only introduces the reader to a new kind of approach, but also introduces entirely new topics, from teddy bears to wave functions. In this regard, it is undoubtedly fundamental that all the poems of all poets are in fact the numbers and zeros of today, even if they do not think so. (Biologist Ferenc Jordaens, network researcher)

16.74% of the poems in the volume were written by AI. This may be shocking at first, but does this mean that the remaining 83.26% was written by Akos Balascu? Man-machine cooperation is one evidence of our post-human daily lives, but hasn’t creation always been a hybrid division of labor between humans and non-humans? Who or what is “in charge” of the text? Regarding the linguistic relationship between sensory perception and perception? What does this have to do with artificial intelligence or anything else? Calculating the percentage of authorship does not bring us closer to identifying the speaking self in the poem, but perhaps we can rest assured that poetry still contains something human in traces that cannot be data. (Z. Mario Nemes, poet, critic and aesthetic poet)

See also  Paul McCartney's former home opens to young musicians

Ákos Balaskó: Perceptual Children, Napkút Publishing House, 2023, 93 pages, HUF 2990

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Top News

In a harrowing incident that has shaken the community of Lewiston, Maine, a series of shootings on Wednesday evening resulted in a tragic loss...

Top News

President Joe Biden’s abrupt departure from a speech on the U.S. economy at the White House on Monday sent a ripple of speculation and...

World

Chinese scientists have discovered a little-known type of ore containing a rare earth metal highly sought after for its superconducting properties. The ore, called...

Top News

Given the differences in styles with next-generation consoles, the so-called “console war” between Sony and Microsoft is arguably moot. Most console players, however, will...

Copyright © 2024 Campus Lately.