$4,000 was withdrawn from Clayton Law's account last month because he and his wife were installing a fence at their Pittsburgh home and workers were demanding cash payment, according to The Guardian. Washington Post.
After returning from the bank with a sealed envelope filled with $100 and $50 bills, she placed the money on the kitchen table, but thirty minutes later, Lou was shocked to find small pieces of chewed up bills scattered on the floor.
Their dog Cecil ate the money left on the table. The 7-year-old dog has lived with Lawé since he was a puppy.
You can leave your steak on the table and he won't touch it
said Clayton's wife.
He had never done anything wrong before, so we were more shocked than angry
While Cecil slid in for a nap on the living room sofa, the couple called the vet to see if they should take him in for a checkup. They said he's a big dog, so as long as he eats, drinks and goes to the toilet, he'll be fine. If it had been a smaller dog, the situation would have been different.
Clayton and Carey then collected the torn bills and were able to scrape together about $1,500. They also called the bank and told them what happened. The manager explained that the bank will take back any banknote that has been affixed with the full serial number on both the front and back sides.
We can't be mad at him, he is a very lovable dog
– They said. In the end, they were able to save $3,550.
Comprehensive analyses, world-changing questions, and visions for the future in one volume.