Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

entertainment

Tokyo Vice was canceled after two seasons

Tokyo Vice was canceled after two seasons

Tokyo Vice is over – at least for now. After two seasons, Max has requested a third, that was confirmed Saturday at the PGA Produced By Conference. He writes a variety.

At the conference, Sarah Aubrey, head of content production at Max, and JT Rogers, creator and producer of Tokyo Vice, also confirmed that a joint decision had been made, and that the creators had calculated from the beginning that the end of the second part of the season would conclude the story, so it would survive even without a sequel to the series. .

Prior to Saturday's announcement, Rogers and series director and producer Alan Ball said in a joint statement that although the series has ended at Max, they hope to produce more Tokyo Vice at some point.

“For the past five years, Max has made sure we can tell our story. They have supported us through thick and thin. Not only did they give us these two seasons, they said yes when we asked to end the first season with a cliffhanger, and they said yes when we asked for two more episodes so we could end the story the way it should.” Which JT always envisioned.”

“The response from press and fans, especially for Season 2, has been overwhelming. It has been exciting to see how deeply viewers have connected with our characters and to hear how much they want to continue. We know there is more to say. Of course we will see what the future holds, but we are grateful that we were able to continue,” they wrote. “From sharing this story about Max until now.”

The 10-episode second season of Tokyo Vice, starring Ansel Elgort and Ken Watanabe and filmed entirely in Japan, ended in early April. In an interview with Variety in April, Rogers expressed hope for a third season, saying that each of our main characters has a very strong potential lead. He also noted that the story already exists “on paper.”

We wrote about Season 2 of Tokyo Vice that the series underwent so much development between the two seasons that “in retrospect, Season 1 feels like an extended trailer compared to what the Japanese-American crew put together in Season 2.” “The basic story, a police-journalist investigation exploring the intertwining of Japanese underworld and politics (based on Jake Adelstein's book of the same name), was originally planned to run for two seasons by showrunner JT Rogers, but only made it through the second season.” The series really came together.”

“It is still possible to continue the series, as each of the main characters has enough cards for a new season, for which, according to the news, the creators already have an idea.” However, a third season for the series has not yet been ordered, which, if it actually gets a chance And if it continues at this level, it could become a classic similar to The Wire,” we wrote in our April review.

This potential sequel is now one (or rather several) steps closer to reality.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Top News

In a harrowing incident that has shaken the community of Lewiston, Maine, a series of shootings on Wednesday evening resulted in a tragic loss...

Top News

President Joe Biden’s abrupt departure from a speech on the U.S. economy at the White House on Monday sent a ripple of speculation and...

World

Chinese scientists have discovered a little-known type of ore containing a rare earth metal highly sought after for its superconducting properties. The ore, called...

Tech

A dangerous application appeared in the Apple App Store disguised as a known program. 24.hu reported the Based on TechCrunch article. Dangerous app in...

Copyright © 2024 Campus Lately.