Although the American man who nearly died of complications from food poisoning had previously given his organs so he could help others with them, he ended up saving his life with the decision.
A man pronounced dead by doctors showed a brain showing signs of nervous activity moments before he started surgery on his organs, which had been previously given as a donor, from his body – Writes Daily mail.
From North Carolina Ryan Marlowe He was hospitalized with listeriosis – a bacterial food poisoning so severe that it can kill. The 37-year-old had been in the hospital two weeks ago when he was declared “clinically dead” on 27 August due to complications from cerebral edema that had developed in his head.
However, the man who gave his organs for charity had to remain on a ventilator until the people whose lungs, heart and liver would be transplanted were found. Finally, on August 30, his family gathered at the hospital in Winston-Salem to finally bid him farewell.
man’s wife Megan – who regularly takes to social media to update her husband’s story – said she was sad when they visited the hospital, only to be told by one of her nieces
Ryan moved one of his legs when they showed him videos of his children – so the doctors decided to get another CT scan.
Since the scan showed brain activity in the patient who was declared dead, a panel of experts was formed, which concluded that Ryan Marlowe should not be declared dead.
The organ removal team was actually waiting to be taken away (…), but I asked the nurse to “stop everything immediately”
– The woman recalled events whose live videos are followed by several thousand people, according to the newspaper.
Although Meghan can’t help but stress in her videos how grateful she is that Ryan didn’t end up at the funeral home, the family’s struggles are far from over – the head of the family remains in a deep coma and, according to doctors, his condition critical.
“Student. Unapologetic travel expert. Evil tv fan. Friendly pop culture scholar.”