The Nominations Committee, in its meeting held on March 22, 2023, concluded the nomination process and approved the documents and lists of candidates to be sent to the members of the new General Assembly. Academic and non-academic members of the General Assembly received the Nominating Committee Information Letter on March 27, 2023.
At the Nominations Committee meeting on March 1, 2023, after identifying and discussing the program of the President, the Secretary-General and the Deputy Secretary-General, the members of the Nominations Committee accepted the list of candidates for the elected leaders of the Academy. By secret ballot for each candidate – they write in a manifesto, and then introduce the candidates:
- presidential candidate – Tamas FreundRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Designated Secretary General –Peter Laszlo KollarRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Candidate for the post of Deputy Secretary General – Anna Erdi, Regular member of the MTA
- Candidate for the position of Vice President of the University for Social Sciences – Wanda LRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Candidate for the position of Vice President of the University for Life Sciences – György KosztolányiRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Candidate for Vice President of Natural Sciences – Ferenc HodicsRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Candidates for Elected Board Members in the Social Sciences:
- Valeria SippyRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Ghabour HamzaRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Mercenary AttilaRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Life Sciences Candidates Board Members:
- Yours ZatmiriRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Csákiné Erika MichéliCorresponding member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Members of the Board of Directors of Candidates for Natural Sciences:
- Xhosa Janus Regular member of the MTA
- L. László KissRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Andras StepsicRegular member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
At the meeting of March 22, 2023, the Nomination Committee decided to send the programs of the candidates for the three elected presidents of the Transport and Communications Authority to the participants who have the right to vote in the General Assembly, and then supported the programs of the candidates for the position of president. The Secretary-General and the Deputy Secretary-General – candidates with his approval – appear on the Academy’s website.
You can read the leadership programs of Academician Tamas Freund, Candidate for the Post of President of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Academician Peter Laszlo Kollar, Candidate for the Post of Secretary-General and Academician Anna Erdi, Candidate for the Post of Deputy Secretary-General by clicking on the following links:
The future President, Secretary-General, Deputy Secretary-General and Vice-Presidents of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, as well as the three elected academic members of the Council, will be elected by the meeting of the General Assembly on May 9, 2023 for three: General term. Officials receive their mandate in full legal force on the first day of the month following their election by the General Assembly, and then take office.
In addition to the 2023 renewal, the Nominations Committee also re-elected the members of the AGM committees. The terms of office of the members and alternate members of the Doctoral Council, the Book and Journal Publishing Committee, the Scientific Ethics Committee, the Supervisory Board, and the Board of Trustees will expire in 2023. With respect to the committees of the General Assembly, the Nominating Committee has the power to nominate candidates for members and alternate members nominated by academic departments to the Doctoral Council and the Book and Journal Publishing Committee and Scientific Ethics Committee, with nominating authority. Members of the Oversight Board, the Board of Trustees and their alternate members, and the Chairman of the Books and Magazines Publishing Committee.
Cover photo: Shutterstock
“Friendly thinker. Wannabe social media geek. Extreme student. Total troublemaker. Web evangelist. Tv advocate.”
You may also like
Index – Tech-Science – Self-healing robot skin ready
István Ujeli fell to the floor between three chairs
We should expect severe climate change in the Carpathian Basin
The true feeling of living in the Wild West, or “America’s Empire” awaits + photos and videos
Kisalfold – We need a good team – Dr. Imré Csernus is welcomed to Győr Water and Adventure Park