Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Therefore, it is important to wash the rice before cooking it

Therefore, it is important to wash the rice before cooking it

Many hazardous substances can be removed from rice with a brief wash.

Rice plays an essential role in the kitchens of many countries around the world, but to this day the question arises whether it is necessary to wash the grains before cooking. Science alert.

Professional chefs share the opinion that washing rice beforehand reduces the amount of starch from the grain. However, contrary to claims by chefs, a recent study showed that the washing process had no effect on the stickiness or hardness of rice. the Stady According to him, it is not the surface starch (amylose) that causes sticking, but another starch, amylopectin, which is dissolved from the rice grains during the cooking process. The amount of leaching varies with the type of rice grain.

To wash or not to wash?

Rice grains are traditionally washed to rinse off dust, insect by-products, and small stones and husks left over from the rice husk. With the professionalization of processing, these things appear less and less in the packaging, however, the packaging conceals new dangers.

Numerous studies prove that microplastics are found in food, including rice. Washing can be useful to reduce this, because rice that has been washed before cooking contains about 20 percent It contains less plasticLike those fresh out of the box.

It is important to note that no matter what packaging we buy rice in, it contains the same amount of microplastics.

Regarding rice, it is also known to be relatively high in arsenic – in fact, it can also contain lead and cadmium. Rice washing Proved It removes a large part of arsenic and heavy metals, but it also removes nutrients that are important to our health, such as copper, iron or zinc.

See also  The rapid restart of the Hungarian economy also requires the economic restart of Visegrad's partners

If we wash and cook the rice, it is important not to leave it at room temperature for too long. This can activate bacterial spores, which immediately begin to grow. These bacteria then produce toxins that cannot be neutralized by cooking or reheating – and can cause serious stomach and intestinal illnesses when ingested.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Top News

In a harrowing incident that has shaken the community of Lewiston, Maine, a series of shootings on Wednesday evening resulted in a tragic loss...

Top News

President Joe Biden’s abrupt departure from a speech on the U.S. economy at the White House on Monday sent a ripple of speculation and...


Chinese scientists have discovered a little-known type of ore containing a rare earth metal highly sought after for its superconducting properties. The ore, called...


A dangerous application appeared in the Apple App Store disguised as a known program. reported the Based on TechCrunch article. Dangerous app in...

Copyright © 2024 Campus Lately.