The wreckage of the missing Indonesian submarine has been found

On Sunday, the army and several army commanders said that the missing Indonesian submarine had been found deep in the Bali Sea, and had broken at least three pieces.

Earlier, Sunday morning, the Indonesian president announced the completion of the search for a missing submarine from the Indonesian army, north of Bali. Meanwhile, the head of state expressed condolences to the relatives of the 53 people on board.

An Indonesian navy vessel returns from the search for the German submarine KRI Nanggala-402, which disappeared four days ago, to the port of Banyuwangi on April 25, 2021. Indonesian President Joko Widodo announced the completion of the search for a missing Indonesian military submarine north of Bali.Source: MTI / AP / Achmad Ibrahim

The Army and Navy changed the KRI Nanggala 402 submarine status President Joko Widodo told reporters. The 44-year-old military apparatus has been registered as “disconnected” since it disappeared on Wednesday. This has now been changed to the “drowning” category. We Indonesians all express our deep sorrow for this tragedy, and especially to the crew members’ family. Head of state added.

An unmarked photo of the German-made submarine, KRI Nanggala-402 of the Navy, published by the Indonesian Navy on April 21, 2021. Indonesian Chief of Staff Hadi Tjiganto announced on April 21, 2021 the disappearance of one of the Indonesian army’s submarines with 53 submarines on board. Indonesia also requested Australia and Singapore to assist in the search. A German submarine was blasting up northern BaliSource: MTI / Environmental Protection Agency / Indonesian Marine / –

Ambulances found several new items on Sunday, including a life jacket, which supposedly belongs to 44-year-old KRI Nanggala-402.
Evidence indicates that KRI-Nanggala sank and killed the crew Field Marshal Hadi Tjiganto told reporters.

Indonesian Chief of Staff Hadi Tjiganto will present elements of the missing German-made KRI Nanggala-402 submarine three days ago at Ngurah Rai Airport at a press conference on April 24, 2021. The submarine disappeared off the coast of Bali with 53 people on board while it was blowing upSource: MTI / EPA / Made Nagi

Yudo Margono, commander in chief of the Navy, said the crew could not be blamed for the crash.
The KRI Nanggala was torn into three parts and several cracks were found in the hull of the ship Said the Commander-in-Chief of the Indonesian Navy.

Video footage of a submarine debris disappeared for four days north of the Indonesian army on the island of Bali at a press conference held at Ngurah Rai airport on April 25, 2021. The authorities announced the end of the search for the missing Indonesian army submarine for a period of four daysSource: MTI / EPA / Made Nagi

On Saturday, search teams found some items from the submarine near the dive, including pieces of a mattress and a tube of lubricant used to lubricate the binoculars.
Previously, the sensors were located in the submarine at a depth of 850 meters with a maximum dive depth of 500 meters.

Experts said the submarine may have been smashed to pieces.

Submarine research has been carried out with more than a dozen helicopters and ships, with the help of the United States, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and India.

The Indonesian Navy ship Oswad Siahaan is participating in the search for the missing German-made KRI Nanggala-402 submarine in Banyuwang on April 24, 2021.Source: MTI / AP / Achmad Ibrahim

The 1977 German-made KRI Nanggala 402 submarine has been part of the Southeast Asian archipelago fleet since 1981. Between 2010 and 2012, the submarine underwent a complete overhaul at a shipyard in South Korea.

READ  Nets' lack of stellar assets could dash James Harden's deal hopes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *