Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

sport

The popular word brain-eating amoeba struck a man in Florida, health authorities sounding the alarm

The popular word brain-eating amoeba struck a man in Florida, health authorities sounding the alarm

A warning valid for the entire Hillsborough County has been issued.

A brain-eating amoeba has infected a man in Florida, local health officials issued a warning over the weekend in an area of ​​one of the state’s West Coast counties. Florida health authorities have not disclosed whether the infected person is male or female, nor have they revealed more detailed information about the case. However, Saturday’s call revealed that the accident occurred around Tampa on the West Coast. the authorities

A warning has been issued for the entire Hillsborough County area and it is in the Tampa area.

All residents and tourists were warned to avoid sea and beach water, to use only boiled tap water, and to avoid any water entering their noses. The unicellular amoeba grows in warm water, and it enters the human body through ponds, rivers, canals, and through the nose, where it destroys brain cells. It does not spread from person to person. People with brain-eating amoeba (Naegleria fowleri) experience a high temperature, suffocation, headache, neck stiffness, vomiting, then hallucinations and die within a week of the infection.

There is no cure for brain ameba, despite the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) database of three cases that have been treated: one was recorded in 1982 in California, the other in 2005 in Mexico, and the third in 2013 in Arkansas.

However, the Florida Health Authority has called on people who notice such symptoms to see a doctor right away.

Carnivorous bacteria and amoeba are most commonly affected in the southern United States, although more infections occurred in 2019 on the eastern coast of Maryland. Between 2009 and 2018, a total of 34 people died from encephalopathy. Thirty of them became infected during recreational watersports, three when they washed their noses with tap water, and one person fell ill in a water slide set up in their garden that worked with contaminated tap water.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Top News

In a harrowing incident that has shaken the community of Lewiston, Maine, a series of shootings on Wednesday evening resulted in a tragic loss...

Top News

President Joe Biden’s abrupt departure from a speech on the U.S. economy at the White House on Monday sent a ripple of speculation and...

World

Chinese scientists have discovered a little-known type of ore containing a rare earth metal highly sought after for its superconducting properties. The ore, called...

Tech

A dangerous application appeared in the Apple App Store disguised as a known program. 24.hu reported the Based on TechCrunch article. Dangerous app in...

Copyright © 2024 Campus Lately.