– advertisement –
Unlocking the bootloader is a double-edged sword. It has advantages, but there are also disadvantages, which are good to take into account. But Xiaomi will not distance itself from the user doing what he wants with his phone. Thus, Xiaomi has also published the steps to unlock HyperOS bootloader in detail.
Xiaomi has posted the steps to unlock the HyperOS global bootloader in English on its social media. But it's good that everyone knows about it and at least in Hungarian.
Steps to unlock Xiaomi HyperOS bootloader
The first step is to request the bootloader unlock option, you will soon be able to request this on the Xiaomi Cumminity app interface in a future update.
The conditions described in the previous editorial must also now be met. The phone must have factory HyperOS, it does not work with xiaomi.eu and other custom ROMs. OEM unlock must be activated in developer settings and here, in the Mi Lock status menu, we add our phone and our account through the mobile internet connection, not WiFi! There is no other way.
The process of unlocking the Xiaomi HyperOS bootloader will delete all data stored on the phone. Before proceeding, make sure to back up your phone data to a computer or the cloud. Unlocking the Xiaomi HyperOS bootloader involves various security risks and may have unexpected effects on your device. Requesting an unlock means that you fully understand the potential risks associated with unlocking and flashing and that you are willing to accept these risks.
Check if the device can be unlocked
- Make sure that the device hardware is not damaged and that the system is working properly.
- Open Settings – About phone – Detailed information and data, and tap “OS version” several times to activate developer options.
- Go to Settings – More Settings – Developer Settings – Mi Unlock Status If it is “Locked”, your device can be unlocked.
Preparations before opening
- Back up your device data beforehand and check if the battery level is sufficient (at least 50%).
- Insert the SIM card into the device and connect it to the Internet via mobile Internet.
- Make sure to register your device and log in to your Xiaomi account.
- Link your Xiaomi account to the device: Go to Settings – More Settings – Developer Settings – Mi Lock Status page, tap the Accept button, then the Add Account and Device button (we used to call it Linking).
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in developer options.
- Set up a computer with at least a USB 2.0 port and a USB cable and check if the connection works. You can install drivers using Mi unlock software.
- download Mi unlock program for computerand sign in with your Xiaomi account.
Unlock the bootloader
- Turn off your device and press the Power button and Volume Down button at the same time to enter FASTBOOT mode. You should see FASTBOOT on the screen.
- Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open the Mi unlock software and it will check if your Xiaomi Account is linked to your device.
- Check if the message “Phone connected” appears in the Mi unlock software, it means the connection was successful. If not, please reconnect or replace the USB cable and USB port and try again.
- If the connection is successful, click the “Unlock” button in the Mi unlock software.
- If your Xiaomi Account has the unlock permission, the unlocking will be successful and the device will reboot automatically, if not, it will reboot manually.
- After successfully unlocking, the device's developer options (Settings – Additional Settings – Developer Options) will appear open.
- If your Xiaomi Account does not have unlock permissions, please go to the global Xiaomi community and request unlock permissions. After getting permission, follow the steps above and try again.
In the end, it is not a difficult task, but it has pitfalls. One, and already known, is the time limit for unlocking. Sometimes things end instantly, but you can have a time limit for unlocking, like 168 hours (7 days) and sometimes 380 hours (16 days). We have received no explanation for this. The other is that if you have the new Xiaomi Community app on your phone and ask for permission there, your daily quota may run out. Yes, not everyone gets permission immediately, only a certain number of users per day. This can also legitimately upset you. But don't worry, you can try again the next day. Yes, and you must have a Xiaomi Community account for at least 30 days! So Download it now Create an account and then join the Hungarian region (Forum – All Forums – More – Hungary).
– advertisement –