Scholarship Alert:$10,000 Nikon Storytellers Scholarship
The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship is designed to celebrate the power of visual storytelling by supporting the education of young content creators. The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate students at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada pursuing degrees in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography and multimedia/content creation who will have completed their freshman year of college or academic equivalent before the start of the 2019-2020 academic year.
Eligible students can apply to be one of ten individuals awarded with an academic scholarship of $10,000 USD, to help foster their growth and pursue careers in creative fields. Semi-finalists will be invited to submit a portfolio of images or brief video for consideration by a selection committee who will determine the ten winning applicants. Scholarships will be awarded for use in the 2019-2020 academic school year.
You must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to receive The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship:
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada.
- You must complete your freshman year of college or academic equivalent prior to commencement of the 2019-2020 academic year.
- You must be majoring in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography, or multimedia/content creation.
- You must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average at time of application.
- You will need to provide a recommendation from a professor, teacher or academic advisor.
If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be asked to provide a photo portfolio or video submission, description of photo/video submission and copy of academic transcript.
The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship Key Dates:
- Application Opens: January 29, 2019
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Recommendation Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Semi-Finalist Open: March 18, 2019
- Semi-Finalist Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Notification of Selection Results: June 2019
- Funds Disbursed: August 2019
- Click the “Apply Now” button (below) or go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/Nikon (program key Nikon) to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password.
- Log into your AIM account to be taken directly to The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship application.
- Complete all required fields in the online application and upload any required documents (e.g. recommendation letter).
- Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application.
CampusLATELY Staff670 Posts
CampusLATELY features national content on Campus Life, Style, College News, Entertainment, Relationships, Health & Fitness, and Career Development, written entirely by top college journalists from 30+ college/universities nationwide.