Jonathan Hoffman, spokesman for the Pentagon (US Department of Defense), announced Tuesday evening that a large part of US chiefs of staff and senior military commanders are in quarantine.
The ministry said that Admiral Charles W. Ray, deputy commander of the US Coast Guard, had tested positive for the virus, and therefore everyone who had contact with him had been placed in quarantine.
The Coast Guard said that the Admiral had mild symptoms.
General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, and his deputy, General John Heitin, are in quarantine, and commanders of the land, sea and air forces have been voluntarily removed.
Paul Nakasone, Head of Electronic Headquarters, also distinguished himself.
A Hoffman spokesman said it was not known where the deputy coast guard commander might have been injured. All military forensic leaders who have already been isolated from the coronavirus on Tuesday have been tested, but so far all have been negative and no one has shown symptoms of infection.
No one among the top military commanders has been infected so far, although more than 47,000 soldiers have been diagnosed with the virus in the US active forces and reserve forces, 625 soldiers have also been hospitalized, and eight have died due to complications from the infection.
“Wannabe writer. Passionate troublemaker. Award-winning beer buff. Freelance organizer. Friendly tv practitioner. Music maven.”