Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Józsefváros is one of the most flammable places in Hungary

Józsefváros is one of the most flammable places in Hungary

We don’t have to talk about records, because even if there are fewer houses burned down, it’s a lot more tragedy than it should be. Still, the firefighters summed it up, and it’s a good thing they did because thought-provoking data came out.

According to Disaster Management Aggregate, there were fewer home fires in the third quarter of the year than in the first and second quarters. In the first nine months of the year, flames erupted in a total of 5,176 homes. Almost 70,000 square meters of houses burned, an area the size of one of the largest squares in Budapest – It is summarized on the website of the General Directorate of National Disaster Management.

This year, 48 people have already died in apartment fires, six of them in the last quarter alone. Firefighters also found bodies in Budapest, Nagymaros, Gyor, Debrecen, Nagyatad and Tarani.

Firefighters saved 422 lives

413 people were slightly or seriously injured, most of them from smoke poisoning.

Based on all cases, it took an average of 36 minutes for firefighters to put out the devastating flames on the burning property.

The longest intervention lasted nine and a half hours,

The 1880 fires were put out in five minutes. A total of 3,200 man-hours were required to put out the house fires in the first half of the year, and a total of 982 fire trucks were alerted.

Most apartment fires occurred in the district of Pest and Budapest. In the first nine months of the year, Budapest firefighters had to intervene most often in Josevaros, while in Debrecen, Szeged, Miskolc and Nyregyhaza.

See also  Verstappen was unaffected by the boos from the American crowd

Of the 5,176 affected by the fire

Only seven homes have smoke detectors.

The usefulness of these devices is well illustrated by the fact that in the case of such equipment it was not only a tragedy, but not even an injury, and the fire was much smaller. The sensor indicates when a fire has occurred, when there is still time to work, to put out a smaller fire, firefighters can be notified sooner so that they can provide more value.

In order to establish the exact location, cause and time of the fire, a fire investigation was opened after 237 fires in an apartment. The most common use of open flames, smoking, electrical failure, or heating system defects has resulted in a fire. 689 flat fires occurred in the chimney, which indicates that not everyone benefits from the possibility of free chimney cleaning.

this year

By the end of September, firefighters were alerted to a total of 697 times carbon monoxide.

161 were poisoned to some degree and 14 lost their lives due to the poisonous gases. It is a misconception that only old gas boilers can produce carbon monoxide. All heaters and water heaters can be a source of toxic gases that operate on open flames. If ventilation is insufficient, even a stove or tile stove can be dangerous. Provide everyone with enough fresh air around the heater and water heater and place the carbon monoxide sensor at head height of 1.5 metres.

Cover image illustration.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Top News

In a harrowing incident that has shaken the community of Lewiston, Maine, a series of shootings on Wednesday evening resulted in a tragic loss...

Top News

President Joe Biden’s abrupt departure from a speech on the U.S. economy at the White House on Monday sent a ripple of speculation and...


Chinese scientists have discovered a little-known type of ore containing a rare earth metal highly sought after for its superconducting properties. The ore, called...


A dangerous application appeared in the Apple App Store disguised as a known program. reported the Based on TechCrunch article. Dangerous app in...

Copyright © 2024 Campus Lately.