Internship Alert: OWN Summer 2019 Internship
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey’s heart and creative instincts inform the brand. We embrace the love of storytelling. Our team has creative instincts with a distinct point of view, which creates and the magnetism of the channel. OWN is a leader in programming and attracts superstar talent to join its primetime lineup, which has built a global community of like-minded viewers who’ve connected on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 75 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
The OWN Internship Program is a 10-week, paid learning experience. The program offers students valuable industry knowledge and skills through opportunities such as hands-on training, project management, executive lectures and networking opportunities. Interns are placed in departments throughout the company.
In order to be considered for an internship at OWN, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
- Have completed the sophomore year of college with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Available to work a minimum of 24 hours per week
- Eligible to work in the United States
- For full consideration, interns must submit a cover letter along with their application and resume
OWN Interns will be placed in individual departments that match their education background and interest. Each departmental intern will have specific projects and work closely with their team. All interns will gain a better understanding of the entertainment industry through research, attending meetings, administrative duties and interacting with both internal and external contacts while being in alignment with the brand and intention.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, and a hard-working student who has a passion for entertainment and digital media industries
- The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to work independently, and be knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to meet deadlines and prioritize projects
- Candidate will be interfacing with a creative environment and leadership so professionalism and discretion are absolutely required
- Strong communication skills and research skills
- Knowledge of OWN programming, current events and pop culture
- Self-starter who takes initiative to get involved
CampusLATELY Staff670 Posts
CampusLATELY features national content on Campus Life, Style, College News, Entertainment, Relationships, Health & Fitness, and Career Development, written entirely by top college journalists from 30+ college/universities nationwide.