The American multinational IT company declares those devices that cannot keep up with the latest models technically as discontinued products. Several Macs and iPads were included in older Apple devices this week.
The first MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, iPad Pro and iPad mini (2,3) are also outdated products. In the future, they will not be repaired at Apple Stores or service partners under contract with the company. Anyone wishing to purchase spare parts for these models can do so for another two years.
Apple removes older products from this list within five years of the end of distribution.
Apple has been making these devices for the past six years announce Outdated:
- MacBook (12-inch, early 2016)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, 2 Thunderbolt ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, four Thunderbolt ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
- iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (27-inch, Retina 5K, Late 2015)
- iPad Pro (9.7 inch, Wi-Fi)
- iPad Pro (9.7 inch, Wi-Fi + Mobile Internet)
(Cover photo: MacBook Pro laptops at Apple Inc. headquarters in Cupertino, California on October 27, 2016. Photo by David Paul Morris/Bloomberg/Getty Images)
“Friendly thinker. Wannabe social media geek. Extreme student. Total troublemaker. Web evangelist. Tv advocate.”