Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Index – Sports – For hours, it was not known where Suhajda Szilárd was, as she passed out on Mount Everest

Index – Sports – For hours, it was not known where Suhajda Szilárd was, as she passed out on Mount Everest

Suhajda Szilárd, a climber who aims to summit Mount Everest with a clean climb, made the last arrival on Wednesday morning, from an altitude of 8,700 metres. At that point, he said he could reach the summit in three to four hours. However, eight hours have passed since then, and there has been no news of the climber. The GPS transmitter did not send a signal either, so it is not possible to know where Suhajda Szilárd is at the moment.

Szilárd Suhajda on Sunday attempted to climb Mount Everest, known as the world’s highest point at 8,848 metres, without artificial oxygen and charging barrels. The Hungarian has never previously managed to achieve this with a clean climb, which is rare even in the world.

Suhajda Szilárd traveled to Nepal on March 23, where, after arriving at base camp, he completed three acclimatization runs on the mountain. In the evening, set off from a four-man camp at 7,900m on Mount Everest.

On the morning of Wednesday, May 24, it was announced on the extreme athlete’s Facebook page that he logged in via satellite phone, from an altitude of nearly 8,700 metres.

Then the climber said that it would take another three to four hours to reach the top.

Eight hours have passed since then, but Suhajda Szilárd’s GPS signal hasn’t been updated since then, so it’s impossible to know where she’s gone. the Mandarin Accordingly, there may be several reasons, for example, something is blocking the signal, or the device is dead.

See also  Navalny Case: German Foreign Minister Threatens to Build Gas Pipeline

So far, no emergency calls have been received from the climber, which is cause for confidence. At the same time, it was now dark at the top of the mountain, so Sahajeda had to leave it anyway, if she had reached it at all.

Mandiner states that another GPS signal was received from near the summit at about 15:45, but no conclusion can be drawn from this. It could not be known whether he came with a delay, nor in what direction the guide sent him.

Whether Szilard Sahajda reached the summit, turned back, or got lost, can only be guessed at present.