He apologized to Mori Joseiro, chair of the organizing committee for the Tokyo Summer Olympics, for his remark about the women, but said he had no intention of resigning.
Morey confirmed on Thursday that she had no intention of offending the women when she said
It bothers her if the members talk a lot in the reviews and because of this the discussions can go on.
He added that he apologized for his reckless remarks.
More and more people are joining the “Morey, Please Leave” campaign on social media,
The 83-year-old sports diplomat – who was also a former prime minister – indicated at the time that he would continue to bear the responsibility for organizing and running the Olympics, but if votes for his resignation continue to grow, there is no choice but to leave.
There is currently no favorable mood for the Olympic Games in Japan due to the coronavirus epidemic and increased spending
Eighty percent of the population will cancel or postpone the five-episode Games.
Mori said Tuesday that another postponement is completely impossible and based on the epidemiological situation, a decision will be made in March at the latest on whether there are foreign spectators in the tournaments.
The Olympics was originally scheduled to take place between July 24 and August 9 last year, and the Paralympics were scheduled to begin on August 25, but both were postponed in March due to the pandemic. The five-episode games are currently scheduled to take place from July 23 to August 8 this year, and the Paralympics will take place from August 24 to September 5.
“Wannabe writer. Passionate troublemaker. Award-winning beer buff. Freelance organizer. Friendly tv practitioner. Music maven.”
You may also like
Attila Walther was the roommate of the Tour de France winner in the preparations
Bye Murray already in the first round of the tennis tournament in Miami
At home: Leo Brothers: Our confidence in the association was shaken, and we felt that the right conditions were no longer available at home
In one day, two of them entered the battle for the purchase of Manchester United
The BBC also called on its employees to delete TikTok from the company’s devices