On Thursday morning, just minutes after the inauguration of US President Joe Biden, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said that the Beijing leadership had imposed sanctions on 28 US citizens, including former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, for “stupid activities that caused a dangerous interference in China’s internal affairs.”
According to the portfolio, there are 28 people
Plan, support and implement a series of foolish actions that interfered in China’s internal affairs, undermined its interests, violated the Chinese people, and severely damaged Sino-US relations.
These people and their immediate family members are prohibited from entering China, Hong Kong or Macau. They, as well as the companies and institutions that could be associated with them, are prohibited from doing business with China
– It states to correspond with the ministry. It was added to the penalties registry, among other things
- Peter Navarro, former White House trade advisor,
- Robert O’Brien, the former White House National Security Adviser,
- Alex Azar, former US Secretary of Health,
- David Stillwell, Former US State Department Head of Asia,
- Matthew Pottinger was the Deputy National Security Adviser,
- Keith Crash was the former Secretary of State for Economic Development and
- Kelly Craft was the US ambassador to the United Nations.
Relevant officials in the government of US President Donald Trump resigned from US President Joe Biden on Wednesday. The list also includes John Bolton, who was Trump’s top national security adviser from 2018 to 2019, and Steve Bannon, the former president’s senior adviser.
Relations between China and the United States have deteriorated significantly during the Trump presidency.
The angry relationship is also indicated by the fact that on Tuesday Mike Pompeo described the Chinese authorities’ best-selling action against the Muslim Uyghur minority as genocide and crimes against humanity. On Wednesday, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesman described Pompeo’s remarks as a lie.