Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Index – Abroad – Ursula von der Leyen: We help unconditionally, not like China

Index - Abroad - Ursula von der Leyen: We help unconditionally, not like China

Ursula von der Leyen said a plan was adopted at the summit on Saturday that, like China’s New Silk Road program, aims to develop developing countries. However, the program called Build Back Better World (B3W) will be different from the Chinese initiative in that they don’t expect anything from developing countries in return for help.

It is important to convince our partners that, unlike China, we do not impose conditions on these investments.

– Fogalmazott Ursula von der Leyen.

China has provided assistance to a number of countries under the new Silk Road program, but critics say so Even debtors With them.

The committee chair also spoke at the press conference that the G7 and China are “serious competitors” in the economy and “systemic competitors” in terms of human rights and democracy.

China has also responded to the initiative

China will also join the program announced on Saturday reaction. A spokesman for the country’s embassy in London said in a statement:

Long gone are the days when global decisions were dictated by a small group of countries.

“We have always believed that nations – big or small, strong or weak, poor or rich – are all equal, and they should all be included in discussions on international issues.”

common future?

The New Silk Road or One Region, One Road is China’s first foreign economic project. It is about the superpower of the Far East that connects countries in Asia, Europe and Africa with roads, ports and gas pipelines. 2018 map Click here to view about him; The European Union does not like it because it suspects that Beijing’s leadership is merely seeking to create an economic and political sphere of influence with it. The bilateral agreements that China establishes with a country usually contain two terms, “community of a common future” and “community of a common future for mankind”, which means “common destiny” and “common future”. And it is not just subversive, harmless phrases, in which the word community is marked with the same letter that is used in the European Union. This means, in black and white, that China wants to sign an agreement with the countries with which it communicates, in which it expects cooperation between the member states of the European Union from the other party in an alliance formed under his leadership.

See also  Index - Abroad - Married Ex-Wife of Jeff Bezos

As far as Hungary is concerned, the main avenue for gains in China is the Budapest-Belgrade railway worth HUF 750 billion, in addition to the case of Fudan University. The Hungarian state finances 85 percent of the investment from a Chinese loan and the remaining 15 percent from its own resources by offering a discount. The loan agreement was signed in April 2020.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Top News

In a harrowing incident that has shaken the community of Lewiston, Maine, a series of shootings on Wednesday evening resulted in a tragic loss...

Top News

President Joe Biden’s abrupt departure from a speech on the U.S. economy at the White House on Monday sent a ripple of speculation and...


A dangerous application appeared in the Apple App Store disguised as a known program. reported the Based on TechCrunch article. Dangerous app in...


Chinese scientists have discovered a little-known type of ore containing a rare earth metal highly sought after for its superconducting properties. The ore, called...

Copyright © 2024 Campus Lately.