Kevin Varga has returned to his club in Debrecen after two and a half years at the Legion. The 13-time national team winger will have no problem adapting, he wants to be the driving force for his team.
“It’s in a familiar place.”
“So many emotions came out of me,” Kevin Varga, 26, a 13-time national team winger who signed Luque until the end of the season, told our newspaper. It was strange to enter the dressing room, but my team-mates welcomed me very well. I have played with many of them, and who have not, also greeted me with kind words. I have always had a good relationship with foreign footballers, and there will be no problem with integration.
He last played for Debrecen in August 2020, and since then he has played for Kasimpasa, Young Boys and Hataysport. Have you paid close attention to the results of your educational association?
– Naturally. Loki was still in NB II when I introduced myself, but I was striving to get back on top as soon as possible, because this club has a place among the best. My heart is football in Debrecen, and I’m glad to be here.
“Has he returned as a better player?”
“It would be amazing if I didn’t get better.” Good work done in both of my clubs, I trained with excellent team mates, the Turkish and Swiss champions are of great quality. I have become better in defense, I have confidence in him, and I can prove it on the field as soon as possible.
– DVSC is doing well, scoring seven points in its three tournaments this year. It will not be easy to get into the starting line-up.
– correct. Debrecen was not only an emotional reason for choosing me, it was also a good decision from a professional point of view. The team is doing great, the guys showed it in the weekend game against PAC, and they are in excellent physical and mental condition. I like the way the band plays. I have to do my best in training and matches, it’s not my personal right to be in the first team.
Srjan Blagojevich arrived at the club in September and is doing a great job. What are your impressions of the Serbian specialist?
– When it became clear that I was coming to Debrecen, I looked at the summary of all Loki’s matches this season, and it was clear what the vision of the professional crew was. That’s right, Szrdjan Blagojevic and his crew are doing an excellent job, the team is developing, and the results are coming. In recent days, I have seen that everyone is moving in the same direction, and there is maximum respect between the coaching staff and the players. Anyway, I don’t see any difference between training the ball and working out in the gym compared to what I experienced outside.
– The last time he played in a match was last November when he got four minutes against Istanbulspor and obviously missed matches. Is there a chance he will play against Honvéd on Sunday?
– I can not say, this will be the decision of the professional staff. From mid-November to the beginning of December, I completed the formation with Haticespor, but after that I did not play in a match. Then I trained individually for a while in Debrecen, and from the beginning of the week with the team. I used to play staking matches, the match load is missing, but I trust it, it will happen soon.
“I think he wants to fight again in the national team.”
– Clearly! My big goal is to get back into the national team. This is why Loki was a good choice, and I’m adjusting quickly here, and it would take a lot more time with another squad. It was risky to choose another foreign team by the time I’m fit, by the time I’m fit… Debrecen is at the top, if I fight for the chance to play and perform well, I think I have a chance to get back in the national team. The invitation is not made just like that, you have to work hard for it. I will be in this.
The former club Hatayspor, where Kevin Varga was playing, was also affected by the earthquake that hit Turkey last week. The winger said he is in constant contact with his former teammates.
“Wannabe writer. Passionate troublemaker. Award-winning beer buff. Freelance organizer. Friendly tv practitioner. Music maven.”
You may also like
Five hundred days underground, a Spanish woman is cut off from the outside world
The women’s fencing team finished seventh in the Nanjing Olympic Games
Canada is the world champion for the 28th time, tied twice!
MVM cleanup: The management of the state-owned giant has been terminated
Audi has cast its net on the two-time world champion